May 12, 2015
The results of the May 2015 election are as follows.
Vice Chair (Chair Designate) for a two-year term, effective September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2017. The first year will be served as Vice Chair and the second as Chair of the Division:
- Kaustuv Roy (Professor, Biological Sciences)
Divisional Representatives to the systemwide Assembly of the Academic Senate for two-year terms, effective September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2017:
- Gail Heyman (Professor, Psychology)
- Nadine George-Graves (Professor, Theatre)
- Gentry Patrick (Associate Professor, Biological Sciences)
Alternate Divisional Representatives to the Assembly of the Academic Senate:
- Farrell Ackerman (Professor, Linguistics and Director, Human Development Program)
- Todd Kontje (Professor, Literature)
- Robert Rissman (Assistant Professor In Residence, Neurosciences)
Committee on Committees members, each for a three-year term, effective September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2018:
- Health Sciences:Marilyn C. Jones (Professor of Clinical, Pediatrics)
- Humanities:Robert Edelman (Professor, History)
- Arts:Amy Adler (Professor, Visual Arts)
- Science:Kimberly Prather (Professor, Chemistry & Biochemistry)
The number of valid ballots cast in this election was 423, which represents a 21% turnout of the current Senate membership.
Thanks to all of the candidates. Your willingness to serve is greatly appreciated.
Robert Continetti, Vice Chair
Academic Senate, San Diego Division